Whether I’m downhill skiing or practicing tae kwon do, music is a key part of my workout mojo. Sometimes the right track on my way to the gym can make all the difference in getting my mind right for the challenges I will face while exercising. Although this list will inevitably change with time, these are some of my favorite workout songs to date.
Somedays I want to get pumped, some days I gotta rally my inner bad ass, some days I want to feel like I’m at a party, and I almost always wind up listening to 90’s music at some point while I’m skiing.
20. Paper Planes – M.I.A.
19. Precipice – Bear McCreary, Battlestar Galactica: Season 3
18. Rolling in the Deep – Adele
17. Touch It – Busta Rhymes
16. The Million You Never Made – Ani Difranco
15. Give It Away – Red Hot Chili Peppers
14. When I Come Around – Green Day
13. Fool In The Rain – Led Zeppelin
12. Interstate Love Song – Stone Temple Pilots
11. Ring the Alarm – Beyonce
10. Where Have You Been – Rhianna
9. Lose Control – Missy Elliott, featuring Ciara & Fat Man Scoop
8. Smells Like Teen Spirit – Nirvana
7. Church – T-Pain, featuring Teddy Verseti
6. Alive – Pearl Jam
5. Sex on Fire – Kings of Leon
4. Like A G6 – The Far East Movement
3. I Am the Highway – Audioslave
2. Snow – Red Hot Chili Peppers
AND AT NUMBER 1…
1. We Found Love – Rhianna
What are your favorite workout songs? Leave them for me in the comments – I’m always looking for more great music ideas. Or post them on my Facebook Page at Real Fit Mama.